Here are some fairly mainstream films I’d like to make if I had the money, or see made by someone else, please.
- A film about Owain Glyndŵr that has high production values, but tries to represent the history fairly accurately, and isn’t embarrassing like Braveheart.
- A better attempt than Antoine Fuqua’s at representing a historically plausible King Arthur. It doesn’t even have to be about King Arthur. I’d just like to see a really good film about fifth/sixth-century Britain.
- An adaptation of His Dark Materials that doesn’t care about angry Christians.
- A film about Ludwig Zamenhof.
- A film about Nazis attacking earth from the dark side of the moon (oh, wait… that’s already being made!)
- A remake of the Omen that makes it really ambiguous whether the boy is evil or the Dad is insane.
- A really radical cut of Gangs of New York (it might work).
- An original horror film (it’s been a little while).
- A film about David Lloyd George.
- A film whose tagline is: “Hope can hold you prisoner. Fear can set you free.”
Some films I don’t want to see:
- Yet another Tim Burton movie made according to his own inimitable style.
- Any remake of a good film just because the original was foreign.